Global Leadership Forum’s Student Exchange is developing today’s students into tomorrow’s global leaders by engaging with influential communities around the world. Our proven curriculum, hands-on experience, expert feedback, and community-oriented structure are all designed to grow the leadership potential of each individual, while giving them access to diverse ideas and expanding their cultural knowledge.
Contact Bryon Scharenberg for information about hosting a Student Exchange through your university.
Our program focuses on the following:
- Exposure: The best way to learn to lead is to see it done right. Global communities allow for exposure to a wealth of new and diverse ideas on effective leadership.
- Education: Knowledge is critical. The GLF Student Exchange pairs a successful and longstanding curriculum on leadership with classroom exposure for cultural enrichment and learning in areas such as language, history, politics, culture and international cuisine.
- Environment: An environment that fosters growth and encourages change is needed for a leader to develop. Nothing invites this quite like a safe team of others who must learn to trust one another and depend on each other while away from home. Each of our programs take place within a supportive team of people, along with coaching and training to foster growth.
- Experience: Leaders need experience and experience necessitates time- time to learn and time to implement this learning. A typical Student Exchange will last upwards of 11 months.
- Evaluation: Leadership does not exist in a vacuum; it requires a team of people who will give feedback, encourage and challenge one another. Each Student Exchange program is facilitated by GLF staff who help facilitate growth, learning and overall care while living abroad.
Our program values are:
- Caring community
- Expert, contextualized training
- Flexible learning
- Faith-inspired living
- Generous friendship
- Rich cultural interactions